Make this a vegetarian dish by taking out the chicken and adding your favourite vegetable instead (mine is pumpkin:).
Note* This recipe makes quite a big batch and freezes well. We can easily overeat pasta so try to keep your portion size to 50gm as a side dish or 125gm for a main meal.
- 500gm Spinach Fettucine (I used San Remo which contains durum wheat as well as spinach, feel free to opt for a healthier version)
- 250gm Brown Mushroom Sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Medium Onion Finely Sliced
- 3/4 cup of Chicken Stock
- 300 gm Chicken Breast diced in approximately 1cm pieces
- 1 tbs Virgin Olive Oil
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs Parmesan Cheese
- In a frypan add olive oil and sautee onions and garlic until softened over a low to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sautee for a couple of minutes.
- Remove onion, garlic and mushrooms, increase heat to medium high and cook chicken until slightly browned.
- Reduce heat down to low, add the mushrooms, garlic and onion back in as well the chicken stock and salt and simmer until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Add the cream and parmesan cheese and stir sporadically until the cream thickens.
- Just before serving, stir in the spinach leaves.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂